The ZMDx operates Monday to Friday, excluding national and University of Florida holidays. We are unable to receive samples over the weekend so, to ensure optimal sample quality, standard overnight shipping on Monday through Wednesday of each week is strongly recommended. Please email the lab at VMfirstname.lastname@example.org prior to shipping, to avoid any unexpected delays, particularly as it relates to holidays or inclement weather.
Important points for sample submission:
- Please include completed submission form(s) with each package. These forms should be protected from leakage or condensation damage by placing them in their own sealable bag, when appropriate.
- All samples should be labeled with appropriate identifying information (i.e., animal name/ID number, owner/clinician’s name, sample type/source).
- Place any samples that may include fluids (e.g., liquid samples, fresh tissues, etc.) into a leak-proof container, surrounded by absorbent material, such as paper towels. Then, place that container into a second leak-proof container prior to shipping. Any samples shipped in a way that permits leaking may result in extended shipping delays or refusal of delivery by the utilized carriers.
- Samples should be sent in a structurally sound cardboard box. Fresh samples needing a cold-chain should be shipped in an insulated Styrofoam container. Two-piece molded Styrofoam containers are superior to boxes with multiple sheets of Styrofoam, particularly in the summer heat (Gainesville is a swamp for more than just football). Please do not ship samples in padded mailers, as they can easily be damaged during transit.
- Unfortunately, FedEx Billable Stamps issued from the UFVH Diagnostic Laboratories cannot be used to get samples to the ZMDx Laboratory.
UF ZMDx Laboratory, Attention: April Childress, V2-186, 2015 SW 16th Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32608-1166